MUNDI – An International Festival of Religious Films and Programmes for children
11 – 14.08.2018 Stary Sącz
The main organizer of an International Festival of Religious Films and Programmes for children MUNDI (hereinafter: ‘Festival’) is PROMYCZEK – a publishing house of Tarnow diocese based in Nowy Sącz, Plac Kolegiacki 1, acting as Church Legal Person (hereinafter: ‘Organizer’)
Copromoters of Festival are:
Municipality and the Communal Office of Stary Sącz
Association Promyczek Dzieciom
Studio Miniatur Filmowych from Warsaw
The Convent of Poor Clares in Stary Sącz
OPOKA – Diocesan Pilgrimage Centre from Stary Sącz
Catholic Association of Architects
Cardinal Gianfranco Ravasi decided on the 23.05.2018 that the Festival has received patronages of Papal Council for Culture Protocol No.: 01353/2018
The main goals of the Festival are:
- Rewarding and honouring the best productions for children
- Promoting of religious films and programmes for children
- Inspirating and encouraging creators to realize new productions
- Revitalizing of new outputs inspiring by the religious content
- To the festival you can report films and programmes dedicated for children aged 2 to 15, which presented topics connected with religion
- Films and programmes can be reported by producers (companies and private people) as well as distributors from whole world. Films, which are intended to take part in ‘The Festival’ , can be reported by another persons, which has rights to use and manage the film (hereinafter: ‘Applicant’)
- An ‘Applicant’ cannot report more than five productions. If you report series or periodic programme to evaluate by the Commission you have to choose three episodes.
- Simultaneously, when ‘Applicant’ reports film to ‘the Competition’, guarantees ‘the Organizer’ that he reads the present Regulations and accepts it, states ‘the Organizer’ about granting the right to use the film andinformational materials during ‘the Festival’
- A Commission (hereinafter: ‘the Commission’) will be set up to qualify films and programmes to take part in ‘the Festival’
- The list of the films qualified by ‘the Commission’ to ‘the Festival’ will be announced by ‘the Organizer’ till 27.07.2018; the decision of ‘the Commission’ is ultimate and does not require justification
- Films qualified to ‘the Competition’ will be available to ‘the Organizer’ without any payment.
- ‘The Organizer’ reserves the right to not qualify a reported film or programme to ‘the Competition’ without giving reason.
- ‘The Organizer’ reserves the right to not qualify a reported film or programme to ‘the Competition’ because of defective technical quality.
- The film which is reported and qualified to ‘the Competition’ cannot be withdrew by ‘the Applicant’ without consent form of ‘the Organizer’ .
- ‘The Organizers’ provide ‘the Appilcants’ free accommodation and catering for two people and offer help in accommodating additional people, whose have to pay the cost of accomodation and catering.
Rewards and honours
13. Nominated films and programmes will be grade during the open shows in following categories:
- Fiction fim
- Animated film/feature and short film, series/
- Religious, television programmesfor children
14. The main prize of ‘the Festival’ is Grand Prix. The prizes for particular categories are statuette – The Lilies of Saint Klara: gold, silver and bronze and diplomas.
15. Other prizes will be given by Children Jury, Catholic editors and audience
16. When ‘Applicant’ reports film to ‘the Competition’, guarantee ‘the Organizer’ that:
a/ ‘the Applicant’ read the present Regulations and accepted it,
b/every person, that can become a laureate of ‘the Competiotion’, read the present Regulations and accept it,
c/states ‘the Organizer’ about granting:
- the license (referring to copyrights, neighbouring rights, with the right to grant sub-license) to use the film during ‘the Festival’, in the facilities used for ‘the Festival’ necessities, according to which ‘the Organizer’ become authorized to use the Film (whole or partially) by preserving it for emission , saving it in the computer memory for emission;
- the license (referring to copyrights, neighbouring rights, with the right to grant sub-license) to use the available informational materials connected with the Filmby ‘the Organizer’ (including photographs), its producer, comakers on the whole areas of exploitation to promote ‘the Festival’ and ‘the Competition’ and/or concrete film;
- ‘the Applicant’ bears responsibility for reported film and guarantees that the film is original, free from any legal defects, does not prejudice the right of other persons, and particularly, that the proprietary and ownership rights belongs to ‘the Applicant’. In the case, when somebody pursues legal action against ‘the Organizer’ connected with the rights to the film, especially the proprietary and ownership rights, ‘the Applicant’ is obligated to pay the costs of legal representation, legal costs, compensation or cost of amicable solution
– ‘The Applicant’ provides consent to publish information about the film on the Festival website , in the official prints and press materials.
- ‘The Organizer’ can facilitate materials about film, trailers or parts of the film sent by ‘the Applicant’ to media, TV stations and web portals for the promoting purposes in order to the rules include in online application form.
- ‘The Organizer’ provides possibility to distribute chosen, awarded films after signing a proper contract with owners of the film.
17. The registration should be effectuate only on application form, which is available on the website: www.mundi.org.pl. The application will be accepted when all necessary boxes will be filled and enclosed film or programme will fulfil such technical requirements:
- Delivered material should have:
- two language versions: English and Polish (dubbing, lector or subtitles)
- short description of the Film including final credits
- no more than 3 posters (plus digital file in TIFF, EPS or PDF format – quality should allow to print the posters
18. Competition material will be grade in two phases: ‘the Commission’ will offer initial reviews of materials till 27.07.2018. The best films and programmes will be shown on ‘the Festival’. Qualified materials can compete for the main prizes in its categories-The Lilies of Saint Klara
Delivery, return of copies and insurance
19. The cost of transport of demonstration copies as well as all transportation payments are paid by ‘the Applicant’. He is responsible for all customs duty abroad. The Festival does not cover cost connected with customs duty.
20. ‘The Applicant’ is responsible for respecting law connected with customs duty
21. To foreign filmic deliveriesfrom outside the EU should be attached a pro forma invoice with concrete value but not bigger than 15 Euro and footscript: ‘No commercial value. For cultural purposes only’.
22. Copies will be returned within 2 weeks after the Festival to the address given by ‘the Applicant’. ‘The Organizer’ will cover the cost of delivery.
‘The Organizers’ should be informed about the changing of address not later than week before the begginning of the Festival.
The final provisions
23. In case of special artistic value films, ‘the Organizers’ can withdraw from the Regulation
24. All matters, which are not mentioned in the Regulation, will be solved by ‘the Organizers’ represented by Director of ‘the Festival’
25. During ‘the Festival’ will take place a competition for the best screenplay to film for children about Saint Kinga. The screenplay will be chosen by professional jury. The author will win 5000 zlotys (in words: five thousands zlotys). ‘The Commission’ can devide this reward for several participnts.
26. During ‘the Festival’ will be organized filmic trainings for children and outdoor shows for whole family.